Labor and Employment
Over the past several decades, the area of labor and employment law has continually evolved and today, employers are faced with a web of complex regulations covering everything from employee harassment and discrimination to union organizing and fair labor standards. Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP’s attorneys work closely with our clients to understand their business needs and to anticipate how changes in the law may affect them as employers. Recognized as a regional and national force in the field, our firm’s labor and employment attorneys serve leaders in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, health care, automotive and food services.
“Avoid the Pitfalls of Hiring and Firing in Kentucky”
Download our e-book
We recognized early on the value to employers of effective counseling and training before disputes arise. Our attorneys are committed to helping employers enhance their employee relationships while minimizing the risk of claims and litigation by complying with applicable laws and regulations and anticipating potential problems. Our attorneys offer training programs on a wide range of topics and in a variety of formats to help employers meet their obligations under the law.
"Robust team, advising clients on matters including discrimination and wrongful discharge cases and labor and employment issues concerning M&A and reorganizations. Continues to be a good choice of firm for wage and hour compliance and defense, and also regularly engaged to handle unfair labor practice defense cases." – Chambers and Partners 2016
When disputes do arise, we help employers respond appropriately and reach resolutions that meet their evolving business needs. Our attorneys have handled cases under the National Labor Relations Act, Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and similar state statutes. We are dedicated to the full-time practice of management-side labor and employment law. This includes representing management in litigation and union relation activities, as well as providing proactive guidance on best practices for managing unionized and non-unionized workforces.
Our attorneys offer timely solutions for a wide range of labor and employment issues such as:
- Sexual harassment
- Non-compete enforcement
- Wrongful discharge
- Wage claims/collective actions/class actions
- Age discrimination defense
- NLRB charge defense and compliance
- Union organizing campaign defense
We match clients with the most appropriate attorneys based upon their specific needs. When it comes to our fees, there are no surprises, and we work with clients to keep them current on all work-related costs. We understand that time is money and will endeavor to respond to your needs with the urgency you want and need from your legal counsel.
Many of our labor and employment attorneys have been recognized by various honorary organizations and publications such as The Best Lawyers in America®, Chambers USA and the Indiana and Kentucky Super Lawyers® lists.
- Eight BGD Attorneys Named 2017 “Lawyers of the Year” in the 23rd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©08.15.2016
- Blaine R. Blood Appointed Vice-Chair of the Louisville Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section12.01.2011
- 19 Greenebaum Attorneys Named to 2011 Edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business06.13.2011
- 19 Greenebaum Attorneys Named to 2010 Edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business06.11.2010
- 27 Greenebaum Attorneys Named to 2009 Edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business06.19.2009
- Greenebaum Attorneys and Practice Groups are Ranked in 2007 Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business Client Guide07.23.2007
- Greenebaum Attorneys and Practice Groups Rank High in 2006 Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for Business Client Guide07.10.2006
- EEOC Reconsidering When Employer Wellness Programs With Incentives Are Voluntary - What Should Employers Do Now?08.28.2017
- Unwarranted Unemployment Benefits: Why employers should fight for their rights in the face of employee misconduct08.23.2013
Areas Of Concentration
- Business Immigration
- Collective and Class Action
- ERISA Controversy
- Labor Litigation/Arbitration
- Labor Management Relations
- Management-Side Employment Law
- Prevailing Wage Compliance & Defense
- Privacy and Security
- Reductions-in-Force and Corporate Reorganizations
- Unfair Competitive Business Practices
- Workplace Safety and Health