BGD leads clients through the legal implications of each private equity deal in a cost-effective manner that puts the client’s business objectives first.
We are rooted in the Midwest, and for more than 100 years, our law firm has grown alongside the industries based here, such as agribusiness, bourbon, financial services, manufacturing and logistics, health care, and consumer services.
How We Help: Private Equity Firms
We help private equity firms with fund formation and fund operations. We work with fund managers to find efficient, effective legal solutions that meet their specific fund objectives.
Our services for private equity firms include:
- Co-Investment transactions
- Corporate and Partnership tax issues
- Fund administration
- Fund formation and sponsor representations
- Fund regulatory and compliance matters
- General partner/investment manager formation and structuring
- Investment Advisers Act registration and compliance
- Investment Company Act structuring issues
- Legal due diligence of proposed investments
- Leveraged financings and leveraged buyouts
- Middle market mergers & acquisitions
- Secondary market transactions
Beyond transactions, BGD assists private equity firms with full-service legal counsel. We work closely with private equity clients to mitigate the risk of litigation. In the event that litigation is necessary, our attorneys understand the objectives of the client and will work toward a solution that meets the clients’ objectives, needs, and budget.
Our additional legal services for private equity firms include:
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Executive/management compensation
- General litigation and risk management advice to portfolio companies
- Investor relations
- Securities Act
- Securities Exchange Act
How We Help: Privately-Held Businesses
We help owners of privately-held businesses evaluate their financing needs, and review private equity options. We work closely with owners throughout the life cycle of the private equity financing process.
Our attorneys also work with owners looking for exit strategies through private equity buy-outs. We help owners review buy-out options and negotiate terms to preserve the legacy built by the ownership team.
Our team of private equity lawyers is headed by Christopher Jones, an award-winning lawyer in his field; named to Louisville Magazine’s “Top Lawyers” List in the areas of Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law in 2016.
Chris brings together a team of BGD attorneys with strong corporate and transactional backgrounds to serve our private equity clients. We understand the business goals of each client, and proactively work with the client to efficiently design transactions that meet the client’s business needs.