Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP has been serving transportation needs dating back to our involvement in the 1930s with the Indianapolis “interurban lines.” As transportation needs continue to grow and evolve, our attorneys continue to find new ways to provide clients with regulatory knowledge, political savvy and lobbying influence.
Our attorneys offer utilities, municipalities, developers and consultants a variety of innovative legal services for transportation, including:
- Buying, selling, merging, forming and expanding utilities
- Representation in rate, financing and certification proceedings before state regulatory agencies
- Renewable energy matters and waste-to-energy issues
- Representation in litigation, condemnation and annexation proceedings
- Environmental permitting and enforcement defense
- Handling public, private, taxable and tax-free finance transactions
- Negotiating industrial rate contracts and construction programs
Whether you are a large utility or a small town, we will work closely with you to help find solutions to meet your needs. Our attorneys will also help you stay apprised of new laws, regulations and trends that could affect your business.
Our transportation experience includes:
- Railway acquisition issues
- Rail line acquisitions
- Right of way issues and analysis
- Trucking regulations and compliance
We are also experienced with state, local and federal courts, boards and agencies and the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission. We are also experienced in tax assessment cases before the State Board of Tax Commissioners, acquiring utility easements, condemnation proceedings, IDEM construction, NPDES permits, KPDES permits and enforcement actions and more.